There’s a lot to take into consideration before you depart on your holiday!
We have gathered some handy travel to answer some of the following questions: What do you need to be aware of so your booking process runs smoothly? How is group international booking process different? Have I given enough detail to ensure my holiday is enjoyable?
Please speak to your Thomas Travel personal travel manager if you have any questions about preparing for an upcoming trip.
Booking Conditions – Travel Tools
What do you need to be aware of so your booking process runs smoothly?
All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and are valid as of the date of quote issuance and are subject to change or withdrawal without notice, or fluctuate due to currency exchange rates as passed on by airlines and/or travel Please note no bookings will be processed until payment is received for that item. Note payment dates and deadlines, as pricing may increase or booking cancel if missed. Once final payment has been received, your price
Please scan and email a copy of your passport to ensure your booking/reservations are as per Passport name (middle names not mandatory), and hold a minimum of 6 months validity from your ‘return’ date to Australia, otherwise you may be subject to change/reissue fees Service fee’s may be applied to any/all products sold due to airlines/suppliers now only paying minimal or no commissions.
A non-refundable commitment deposit of $250.00 per person (that will go towards your package price) is required for all international tailor made itineraries/packages at time of enquiry in order to reserve and request different options with suppliers (to avoid disappointment) while you to make a choice.
We strongly recommend travel insurance is taken at time of deposit in order to protect you against non-refundable cancellation fees due to unforeseen medical reasons. Date/ time changes/re-routing, or upgrades after ticketing requires 24 hours’ notice subject to seat availability, within same seasonality, and may be subject to airfare difference plus change fees Documents are non-transferrable to another name and/or traveller Cancellation/no shows will incur fees and or 100% penalties.
Please advise us of any medical or dietary requirements that may affect your booking so as we can make your holiday as pleasant as possible for you. Any special seating or meal preferences may be requested, however note Hotels require a credit card to guarantee their reservations, and Thomas Travel recommends minimum 48 hours’ notice for cancellation/amendment to avoid penalties due to overseas time differences
Due to immigration laws, if a return flight ticket is not presented at time of check-in for an international departure, this will be classified as one way travel, to which a visa will be required, otherwise you may be denied boarding It is the travellers responsibility to ensure they have packed according to the correct luggage regulations, and check-in min 1 hour for domestic and 21⁄2 hours for international flights.
Every care has been taken in finalising your itinerary and documents, so please check them carefully prior to departure to ensure all is in order, and a copy of your e-ticket is printed, and carried for each check-in It is the travellers responsibility, to ensure they have the relevant visa’s required for visiting overseas countries.
Thomas Travel acts as ‘an intermediary’ between yourselves and the operators of these products and as such is not responsible for the non-performance or supply of these products. Whilst we endeavour to confirm all arrangements are true to their description we only can pass on that information as supplied to us by the operator/supplier and do so in good faith.
Airlines can at their decision cancel or reschedule flights and unfortunately, we have no control over these. To assist any problems that you may incur, we do strongly recommend that Travel Insurance is purchased.
Group International Booking Process
How are groups different?
***PLEASE NOTE THE RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS BELOW FOR A MINIMUM OF 10 ADULT PASSENGERS TRAVELLING TOGETHER ON THE SAME ITINERARY***
- Group Flight Request Information – Please fill out the form completely 50 days before departure.
- Passport copies – each name must be spelt correctly as per passport. It is VITAL that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date you RETURN to Australia.*** Please note as the group coordinator it is essential you make sure names are spelt AS PER PASSPORT.
- Deposit for your group will be $250.00 per person. Any seats cancelled within 60 days of departure, deposit will be forfeited.
- Any variation to the group itinerary must be submitted for approval and quoted individually.
- Once all seats are secured at the original group fare, any additional seats requested cannot be guaranteed at the original fare price. Further group fares are subject to approval and may not be at the same fare cost as originally quoted and booked.
- Your final payment date will also be advised on your invoice. Taxes and surcharges are subject to change due to currency fluctuations and will be re-assessed at time of your invoice full payment.
Below are the payment methods available to you.
Direct Deposit: Westpac
Account # 225320
Reference – **group name**
If your group requires a stopover, please advise both what room types you want (single/twin/triple/quad) and ‘who’ is to be in each room. Please note if there are no quad rooms available your group maybe put in twin accommodation.
Also please advise what hotel standard you would like (3*/4*/5*?).
TIMING (prior to departure)
• 70 days – Release unwanted seats
• 55 days – Names as per Passport to be advised
• 45 days – Final names due or auto cancellation
• 40 days – Final Payment / Ticketing Due
I will gather your documents at my office and post them or email them to you two (2) weeks prior to your departure. Any electronic documents will be emailed to you so you have copies of them while travelling.